The University of Delaware sets the graduate tuition rate, which typically changes each year. All on-campus SPPA graduate students are given a scholarship, which decreases the out-of-pocket tuition cost. You will be eligible for one of the three types of scholarships below. More than one cannot be applied.
University of Delaware employees receive a tuition benefit as part of their employment, and therefore do not receive the SPPA tuition scholarship. Students in the online MPA program are not eligible for the SPPA graduate tuition scholarships described below.
- State of Delaware residents receive a 50% tuition scholarship.
- Residents of states other than Delaware receive a 35% tuition scholarship.
- International students receive a 10% tuition scholarship.
Public or Nonprofit employment scholarships:
- Public or nonprofit employees who work at least 20 hours receive a 50% tuition scholarship regardless of residency. Verification will be required each year.
Research and Teaching Assistant Scholarships*:
- Masters students with a research assistantship in one of the centers affiliated with SPPA receive a 90% scholarship.
- Doctoral students with a research or teaching assistantship in one of the centers or academic programs affiliated with SPPA receive a 100% scholarship.
*Research and teaching assistantships are not guaranteed. You will receive an offer letter if you are elected for a research or teaching assistantship.
See details about the current tuition rate for each scholarship level.