Master of Public Administration FAQs
How long does it take to complete this program?
UD’s online Master of Public Administration (MPA) requires just 36 credit hours and can be completed in less than three years.
Learn more about the
curriculum for the Master of Public Administration.
When can I begin the program?
New students can start in the Spring 1, Summer or Fall 1 term. Find more information on the application process and deadlines on our
Does this program require any on-site residencies?
The online Master of Public Administration graduate program does not require students to participate in any on-campus activities or residencies.
Students are welcome to attend any on-campus events of interest, including career fairs, recruiting opportunities and our graduation ceremonies.
online Master of Public Administration.
What is the tuition for the online MPA?
With 36 required credits at $1,003 per credit hour, the online Master of Public Administration has a total tuition of $36,108.
How do I apply for financial aid?
For information on filing deadlines, eligibility, and how to file a FAFSA, visit the University of Delaware’s
Student Financial Services page. You may also call your admissions counselor with any questions you may have at (844) 237-1338.
What are the admission requirements for this program?
The University of Delaware requires all students enrolling in the online Master of Public Administration to meet the following standard requirements:
- Unofficial transcript(s) for all colleges and universities previously attended documenting all undergraduate and graduate level work completed. Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (on 4-point scale).
- A current résumé.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores. UD's institution code is 5811. No department code is necessary. GRE not required for applicant with at least three years relevant professional-level work experience.
- Three letters of recommendation. At least one from a supervisor familiar with the applicant’s professional competencies. If less than three years work experience, an academic recommendation is required.
- Personal Statement. Please follow the submission instructions in the
Graduate Admission Application.
- The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is required of all foreign applicants. A minimum score of 105 (TOEFL iBT) is required for admission consideration.
What are the technical requirements for this program?
The course content is all web-based using the Canvas learning management system. You must have a strong Internet connection and a modern browser. We highly recommend updating to the newest version of the browser you are using as well as the most up-to-date Flash plug-in. Canvas is best viewed at a minimum of 1024x600, which is the average size of a notebook computer. Compatible operating systems include Windows XP SP3 and newer, Mac OSX 10.6 and newer and Linux chromeOS.
Are there any professional requirements for admission to this program?
No. UD’s MPA does not have any professional requirements. We do consider the quality and extent of previous related work or volunteer experience and the motivation to pursue a professional career in public service as particularly important.
Does this program prepare me for any additional certifications?
No; however, it does qualify you for influential positions in both nonprofit and for-profit sectors and local, state and federal government.
What additional accreditation has this school received?
UD’s School of Public Policy & Administration is accredited with the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration.
Take the next step in your public service career with an online MPA from UD. Fill out the form on this page to find out more.