Vietnam and Laos will provide great locations for an undergraduate civic engagement, leadership-focused study abroad experience. In Vietnam our locations will be Hanoi and Hoi An in northern Vietnam; in Laos our location will be Luang Prabang.
In the LEAD 411: Leadership Dynamics course, you will get a firsthand understanding of how culture impacts leaders and the leadership process.
Questions we will address:
- How does culture define how people interact?
- Does one leadership style work in all cultures?
- Do American leadership theories apply abroad?
In LEAD 400: Leadership for the Common Good, you will learn about direct action organizing, consensus organizing and coalition building as you develop leadership development workshops and civic engagement project.
More details: http://international.udel.edu/DB/PUB_Program.aspx?Pgm=2180
- Interest session on Thursday, March 9 from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm in MEM 124
- Interest session on Wednesday, March 15 from 5pm to 6pm in PRN 234.
- Applications due April 20, 2017.
Attend either interest session to find out more!
*** To determine how the courses fit into your public policy major,contact Dr. Breck Robinson.
***The two courses can be used for the area electives for the OCL major and minor.